Thanks For The Visit

Thank you for stopping by. I trust you will find helpful and encouraging information and discussions on this site. Care to comment? Click on the comment button after an article. You can also click on this link https://www.amazon.com/author/robertcoutts and it will take you to my author page where you can view the works I have put together on your behalf. I hope they encourage you. Thanks again and be blessed, He is coming soon!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ISN”T IT TIME TO REFOCUS?

Hi all. 
Sorry I have been away from business for a bit but I am back and I will endeavor to get us all up to date.
I was in church on Sunday and there seemed to be a focus that really needed the emphasis it got. It was “God’s Love Endures Forever”. Isn’t that the truth! He never fails, praise His name. I guess God is just asking us to refocus on Him and watch how he brings about the positive change in our circumstances. As I pondered His enduring love, I was thinking about what we do focus on. Some things are trivial and others are important. Some are out of reach and others just fall into our laps. Like vacations. What is the purpose of them? Rest, reflection and refreshing I hope. Where we go says a lot as well and why we go there too. Russia seems to be the forbidden fruit of vacations anymore. I would love to go to Moscow not to just say I have been there, but to take in the beauty of it. We are so westernized aren’t we! We go to Florida, California, Las Vegas and think we have accomplished something. Then some venture off to places like the Bahamas or Jamaica and Mexico and wow! we have been to the ends of the earth. Sure I have been to those places but what really enthralls me is to go somewhere and learn something, not just spend and eat. Like Russia for instance. I would love to drive out into the countryside in Russia and perhaps visit a quaint little village on the other side of one of their magnificent forests. Stop in at a little village about 20 miles from Moscow. In that little village is a tiny little house where Vladimir Lenin, the leader of the communist revolution, lived. Contrary to the grandeur of his lifestyle, the little house he lived in is small and modest. Lenin, you know, overthrew the Roman czars, who lived in palaces too resplendent to begin to describe in this little essay. In Czar Nicholas' days, 85% of Russia had no electricity and almost 90% were illiterate. The czar could not possibly have cared less but Lenin cared passionately. I would love to be in that little house of his and sit at his small desk and try to imagine what it must have been like those nights that he was joined by Joseph Stalin and Leon Trotsky and many others. These men were consumed with one thing: to change the course of humanity in Russia. And low and behold, they did it! Their efforts put almost half the world under their hammer and sickle. Doesn’t it make you wonder if sometimes we Christians have the same intense purpose? We are so easily swayed and get so  easily sidetracked on peripheral issues that  really don't matter much. As a Christian, I know that our task is to tell the world about Jesus Christ! Oh I know there will be scoffers and many who just plain won’t listen, but it goes without saying that it is still the great commission from our Lord. Lenin let nothing deter him from his purpose of trying to bring everyone under communist rule. If a man can be that passionate about that kind of a cause, what about being passionate about eternity? We need to be re-energized by the Holy Spirit and refocus on our purpose, tell others about Him!!!. I understand my Bible very clearly when it says we are going to be held accountable one day. I trust we will we have succeeded in God's eyes? Are you refocused?
Hey, I’m glad you stopped by today. I wanted to let you know that I really thought my book “Why Adversity” would be ready, but apparently the publisher is swamped and he says ‘very shortly’ it will be ready. So, I am sorry it is taking so long but it will be here. (Maybe it has something to do with adversity) lol. That aside, I would be honored if you would take a look around and leave me a comment or suggestion, (you can do that at the end of any of the articles/posts) or even sign up for email updates  so you know when a change has taken place, it will be emailed autmajically to you. Check out the weekly cartoon and click on the poll and have your voice heard, it is anonymous. In general, be blessed by whatever you find. One final thing. There are some articles for sale in the lower left hand column and also a place where you can support this blog for me. Know this. The funds that come in are solely designated for my wife’s medical expenses. Even the sale of the book (which will only be $4.95), the profits go to her medical. I am not taking a thing. So anything you can do to support will be welcomed with thanks and a prayer for God to richly bless you for it.
Thanks for dropping by and I will post more things shortly.
Pastor Bob & Daphne Coutts

No comments: