Thanks For The Visit

Thank you for stopping by. I trust you will find helpful and encouraging information and discussions on this site. Care to comment? Click on the comment button after an article. You can also click on this link https://www.amazon.com/author/robertcoutts and it will take you to my author page where you can view the works I have put together on your behalf. I hope they encourage you. Thanks again and be blessed, He is coming soon!

Sunday, October 8, 2023

UNDERSTANDING ADVERSITY: PART TEN

 UNDERSTANDING ADVERSITY PART TEN

Now let’s take a look at our tenth point about adversity. Adversity Is A Reminder To Us To Pray For Out Authorities.

For just a moment let me recap what we have done so far..

1.    Adversity is God’s way of getting our attention.

2.    Adversity is God’s way of assuring us He loves us.

3.    Adversity is God’s call to us to self examine ourselves.

4.    Adversity is God’s way of conquering our pride.

5.    Adversity is our reminder of our weaknesses.

6.    Adversity is our motivation to cry out to God.

7.    Adversity is our evidence of spiritual warfare.

8.    Adversity is God’s method of purifying our faith.

 And the one we just studied is number nine,

9. Adversity is God’s increasing our hatred for evil.

Now we come to number ten which is that Adversity Is A Reminder To Us To Pray For Our Authorities.

 A little girl came to her mother and said, "I suppose, up in heaven, they think I am dead." The mother replied, "Why Mary, why do you suppose they think you are dead?" "Well," said the little girl, "because, I have not said my prayers for a week."

We have been called to pray and not just for ourselves either. How will heaven know what we want unless we make our presence known to heaven in prayer? God teaches that a quiet and peaceable life is related to intercessory prayer for those in authority over us: 

“I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men: for kings and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.” I Timothy 2:1-2;.

Those who are in positions of responsibility provide spiritual protection for those under their care. When there are failures in the life of a leader, the umbrella of protection develops leaks, and Satan is given greater freedom to defeat those who are under that authority. Even a little leak in a roof can let in a lot of water. For this reason, spiritual leaders are judged by a higher standard.

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. James 3: 1;.

This verse is referring to pastors, teachers evangelists anyone called to the priesthood. When we experience the pressures of temptation, we should realize that those who are in authority over us are also undergoing temptations and are in need of our intercessory prayer. The need to confess and forsake all sin is illustrated by the fact that, even a small leak in a roof will let in a lot of water and create significant damage to the house.

Don’t forget, hit the subscribe button so you can keep informed about this series and also check out the amazon book page to get your copy of this study.

Shall we pray. If you do not Know Jesus as your Savior today, I invite you to say the sinner’s prayer with me now.

Lord Jesus, I come to you today in need of a Savior. I believe you came to this earth as a man and walked among us teaching and healing and saving souls. I acknowledge today that I am a sinner and that you died for me and rose on the third day, ascended to Heaven and are seated by the Father. I ask you to forgive me of my sins and come into my life and be my savior today. I believe I am now born again and one day I will be with you forever. Thank you in Jesus name. Amen

 See you in Part 11, Have a blessed day.

No comments: