Thanks For The Visit

Thank you for stopping by. I trust you will find helpful and encouraging information and discussions on this site. Care to comment? Click on the comment button after an article. You can also click on this link https://www.amazon.com/author/robertcoutts and it will take you to my author page where you can view the works I have put together on your behalf. I hope they encourage you. Thanks again and be blessed, He is coming soon!

Friday, September 23, 2011

YOU SAID, GOD'S LOVE IS "HOW BIG"?

Now there is a question that deserves an answer. How big is God's love? I doubt there is anything tangible enough on this earth to describe how big it is. Let's go somewhere together for a moment though. Let's go to the universe. How big is the universe? Well, if you were to ask an astronomer, undoubtedly he/she would say that the universe contains trillions of stars, and that the most distant galaxies are billions of what we call 'light years' away. Not just thousands, or millions or even billions of stars, but trillions of them spread across the vastness of space we call the universe.

I guess it is the incomprehensible figures like that that make it easy for doubters to doubt the Bible and they conclude that it is impossible for them to believe the Bible in light of those figures. I guess further they conclude that in light of those numbers, earth and humans seem insignificant. But these mind boggling dimensions should not or need not shake our faith. Instead I think we can use them to increase our faith and our awe as we take into account the message of His divine grace.
In Psalm 8: for example, the author marvels at God's creation and mankind's smallness. But then look! He breaks out into praise for God's greatness and care for us. (Read it for yourself and check it out).
To think that the Creator who made and upholds all this immensity has focused His redemptive love on tiny creatures like you and I, and sinful creatures at that, is literally mind boggling in itself! He cherishes us individually! And, He cherishes us as if each one of us were the 'sole' object of that fatherly attention. I don't know about your thought pattern right now, but mine says, "WOW!" It is amazing, as Paul testified, that Christ "loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20;). Are you weeping right now? I am. Tears of joy for the amazing love of God for me!
Instead of shaking our faith, I think the findings of astronomy should fill our souls, and hearts with the wonder of God. The immensity of God's creation can remind us of the immensity of God's love.
In creation we see God's hand; in redemption we see His heart. Did you know that His heart is fixed on you right now. Amazing, isn't it.
Please feel free to leave a comment on God's amazing love for you.
Pastor Robert Coutts

No comments: