Thanks For The Visit

Thank you for stopping by. I trust you will find helpful and encouraging information and discussions on this site. Care to comment? Click on the comment button after an article. You can also click on this link https://www.amazon.com/author/robertcoutts and it will take you to my author page where you can view the works I have put together on your behalf. I hope they encourage you. Thanks again and be blessed, He is coming soon!

Sunday, October 8, 2023

UNDERSTANDING ADVERSITY: PART TWO

 

UNDERSTANDING ADVERSITY: PART 2

 Our Second Point in Understanding Adversity is: Adversity Is Our Assurance God Loves Us.

God loves us to be sure.  I never get tired of hearing the verse found in John 3:16; “For god o love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” And another one I love is found in 1 John 3:1;  "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"

So when adversity comes and the storms begin to blow God demonstrates that love for us. Remember the disciples in the boat in the storm? Mark 4:39; says, “He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace Be Still!”.

He cared for and loved His disciples and was not going to let anything happen to the because of that love. Two of the most telling questions asked in the New Testament were asked of Jesus by people who loved Him deeply. The first was right when that fierce storm threatened to sink their boat in the sea of Galilee, So His disciples asked, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?! Mark 4:38; The second time he showed care and compassion and love was as a relaxed Mary listened to Jesus instead of helping her sister in the kitchen. Her sister Martha comes out of the kitchen and says, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone?” Luke 10:40;

Both questions were asked by people who had seen the power of Jesus and expected Him to step in and relieve their anxiety. When it seemed that the Lord was ignoring their situation, an element of exasperation was added, “Don’t You care?” The Scriptures do not give us the tone of Jesus voice but I suspect that His replies were gentle and caring. For instance in the first question He answered to the fishermen He said, “Why are you so fearful? Mark 4:40; And to Martha He said, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.” Luke 10:41

When we are feeling alone or overwhelmed by our circumstances, we often cry out, “Lord, don’t you care?” But when Jesus calms our storm and speaks our name, we realize that we have much more to learn about His compassion for us, and it causes us to want to trust Him with all of our cares.

The poet said, I love to dwell upon the thought. That Jesus cares for me; It matters not what life may bring, He loves me tenderly.

Our Bible still says, “For whom the Lord loveth, He chasteneth; and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?” Looking at this verse in context it says it this way… “My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” 7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. And then t goes on to say in verses 10-11; For they verily for a few days chasteneth us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness. Now, no chastening for the present seemeth joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.” Hebrews 12: 6-7; and 10-11; And veres 10-11; in context say it like this…10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Looking at these verses we see that God truly has a love for us and when we recognize God’s love in adversity, or the storm we are going through, that is when we are able to, “lift up the hands which hang down and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for you feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.”   Hebrews 12:12-13;

We are well aware that in the physical realm, pain is one of our greatest protectors. Without it’s sharp and persistent warning we would fatally damage ourselves without realizing it. Adversity can be Gods way of showing His unfailing love for us. If you are going through a storm today, I admonish you to keep focused on the Lord. His love never fails and He will see you through it. I trust this has been a help for you today.

 Don’t forget, hit the subscribe button so you can keep informed about this series and also check out the amazon book page to get your copy of this study.

Shall we pray. If you do not Know Jesus as your Savior today, I invite you to say the sinner’s prayer with me now.

Lord Jesus, I come to you today in need of a Savior. I believe you came to this earth as a man and walked among us teaching and healing and saving souls. I acknowledge today that I am a sinner and that you died for me and rose on the third day, ascended to Heaven and are seated by the Father. I ask you to forgive me of my sins and come into my life and be my savior today. I believe I am now born again and one day I will be with you forever. Thank you in Jesus name. Amen

 See you in Part 3. Have a blessed day.

No comments: