Thanks For The Visit

Thank you for stopping by. I trust you will find helpful and encouraging information and discussions on this site. Care to comment? Click on the comment button after an article. You can also click on this link https://www.amazon.com/author/robertcoutts and it will take you to my author page where you can view the works I have put together on your behalf. I hope they encourage you. Thanks again and be blessed, He is coming soon!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

WHAT ABOUT THE WORD?


At the end of this article, please click on the words No Comments to access the comment page and please leave a comment or feedback. It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.




Psalm 1 tells us. . .
       “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners,  nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night…” Psalm 1:1-2
        A person who loves the Word of God will be a person who dwells on the Word of God and what it says. A person who keeps scripture in their heart and meditates on it day and night as they walk on their way through the day will find that “whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
        If you are able to find someone who knows the Lord, follows this directive in their life and yet “does not prosper as God’s Word says,” then you can doubt the inspiration of Psalm One. But I sincerely doubt that is going to happen!
        Find the person first and then look at their walk. If  it is with the Lord they are being blessed. If not, they are not. It’s is that simple.
       When John Wanamaker, the merchant prince, was eleven years old, he purchased a Bible. In his later years this is what he said about buying that Bible;
      “I have, of course, made large purchases of property in my time, involving millions of dollars, but it was as a boy in the country, at the age of eleven years, that I made my greatest purchase.
       In a little mission Sunday School I bought a small red leather Bible for $2.75, which I had to pay for in small installments.
       Looking back over my life, I see that the little red Book was the foundation on which my life has been built. It is the thing that has made possible everything that has counted in my life. I know now that it was the greatest investment and the most important and far reaching purchase I have ever made.”
      The Word is the most important thing in a Christian’s life. It is life!

No comments: